Saturday 17 May 2014

Hot Rodding and The Good Doctor

Well, you know what it is like, you spend all your time making lovely guitars, and your nearest and dearest get all excited about somebody else's work.

And so when the #1 guitar from the soon-to-be-fabled "Rob's Hot Rod Shop" known locally as The Bobbit showed up on the shores of Jookyland, with it's Warmoth body, Gretsch Filtertron, girly looking blue finish (I'm not bitter, I'm not bitter), well...what can you do.

And despite myself, I have to say it is rather beautiful. The finish shows a touch of grain thru the paint, the lines are clean. Very mild aging which is utterly convincing. Lovely bridge, gorgeous flamed maple neck and Ye Olde Gretsch knobs.

Obviously I hate the man, but can't knock his guitar..

One to watch is this Doctor Robert, even The Future of Rock 'n' Roll can spot it...

La la laaaa
















No comments: