Friday 18 February 2011

The Twangy One - WIP

The Twang is the thang, apparently.
Well, I figured it was about time I sorted meself out, and so this morning I've pulled together the Twangy One, as it has been looking at me all accusing-like since I got sidetracked by a shower of Golden Rain, as it were.

I'll hopefully get it all put together properly over the next few days - though it is school holibobs again, so who knows - but here is a plonked together version of events..

The pickups are a couple of Kent Armstrong 'Kentrons' - which are their take on the classic Gretsch Filtrons. Nice humbuckers with added twang.

I was a bit undecided on what to do with them electronically-like, and so thought I'd go the Les Paul route, hence two volume controls and two tone knobs (where they will actually end-up, I'm not really sure at the moment, time will have to tell it's own tales.)

It should be cool though, and I'm looking forward, as ever, to giving it a bang and a twang...

Should I put a fuzz in there? Should I? It is tempting....

No comments: