Monday 28 February 2011

Introducing The Golden Shower One

Well, February may be the shortest month and full of distractions, but somehow I managed to put together the Golden Shower One, just about within the timescale of the Music Radar Forum's £100 challenge.

For the record it is a Gold Topped Les Paul-a-like, with twin P90s, a trapeze tailpiece and a good dose of Jookiness...

The gold is actually 23 Karat 'Russian' Gold Leaf - which is the real deal and a true 'pleasure' to work with.

The golden top has been heavily lacquered.

The pickups are two humbucker sized Kent Armstrong P90s, one of which is reverse wired so that the middle position is hum-free, apparently.

The tailpiece is a nod to the original Golden Les Pauls, before they started using Tune-o-Matics and the rest.

I've left the ToM holes in place unfilled, as well, I liked the idea of them still being there and visible.

The gold leaf, I should mention has over 'run' across the sides of the guitar and on the headstock. This is the nod to the 'shower' part of the name, over-spill as it were - one for all you glass coffee table warriors.

Other than that, it has a brass nut, PRS tuners - though I might upgrade them to be totally honest - and that is about that.

Sound-wise, it is great, the P90s are excellent and considering it is a bolt-on neck with god knows what sort of body, it has a quite amazing sustain to it.

Best of all, parts-wise it was well under the £100 (although that is mainly down to flogging parts off two donor guitars, but there we are..) and in fact came in at a stunning £49.

I should say, this is one I'm keeping :) It's about time I had my own Jooky guitar...

Here are loads more fotos and I'll link to some of the other people's entries later on...











No comments: