Thursday 17 February 2011

Getting closer, like

Well, I'm twiddling my thumbs over the Golden Shower One at the moment, as in a last minute piece of dithering, I decided to go for two Kent Armstrong P90s, instead of one plus a humbucker. Mainly  because I thought it would look nicer that way. I am truly that shallow.

Anyway, I'm waiting for it to show up, but in the meantime have done far more work on the neck than I ever expected, sorted the headstock, fitted the tuners and added a nice brass 'nut'. I've never used a brass nut before, so I'm curious to hear what it sounds like. I have a bone one here somewhere if it proves to be a disaster, but we will see, what we shall see...and all that.

What else? Oh I went for a traditional looking creamy scratchplate, for period accuracy (ahem).

So there we are, and not a lot left to do other than wire it up when the pickup arrives and then get it all playing nicely. I think I'll hit the end of month deadline anyway...

The finish on the body, I forgot to mention, got a bit more scraping and a lot more polishing and looks absolutely amazing now. I'm really pleased with it. So I did the headstock too, which looks sufficiently battered to be cool.

La la laaa

No comments: