Monday 28 February 2011

Before the Goldrush

Well, school holibobs have kept me quiet again, but sneaking in an hour or so today I should just about get the Golden Shower One all ready to play. It is the last day of the challenge, so I guess I'd better really.

Fotos to follow along with trumpets and an Oscar-esque speech explaining my motivation and the debt I owe to others..

Speaking of influence, I was humbled to see that a former lead singer of my acquaintance, lets call him 'Tony' for the sake of anonymity and well, because it is his name. Where was I? Oh yes. Influence.

Well, imagine how pleased and proud I was when "Tony" decided that if a numpty like me could make a mess of guitars, he was quite capable of doing the same too. This he did, enlisting his kids and their paint box and he came up with a quite wonderful looking splatter caster (for want of a better name). A single Di Marzio humbuckered Strat with a unique and quite compelling paint job...

I love it and naturally wish I'd done it first. Well, before John Squire anyway.

He's moving on to a Les Paul next, which knowing the chap will be equally groovy.

So "Tony" welcome to Jookyland...

No comments: