Thursday 28 October 2010

Nowt on the block again


I typed 'Potless into Google, and...
The keen eyed among you may have noticed that I'm back to the 'nothing to sell' stage again, which happens quite often I guess. 

This time it is because a nice chap called John has gone for the Spangled One, and hopefully will report back soon with his impressions of it. 

In the end I decided that I wasn't 100% on the pickups, having spoken to him about the type of music he plays, so in a last minute reversal, I swapped in a rather nifty set of Fender Tex Mex ones. These are lovely pickups (apparently the ones they put in the Jimmy Vaughan signature geetar), and I love the fact that the middle one is reverse wound so that they hum cancel in those crucial in-betweeny positions.

Anyway, as part of the deal I have a nice Dano '59 reissue coming back in this direction, which I think could be fun. I'm on a bit of a lippy pickup hike at the moment, so the timing couldn't be better...

Still, I guess I'd better get my finger out and do something. I like the idea of doing the Custom things, and the OCD One has been a joy so far, but it is nice to do them the old fashioned way and make it up as I go along, innit?



No comments: