Thursday 14 October 2010

Back In Black

It's funny, but after going around in circles for the last few weeks, I've finally got it straight in my head about how exactly I want the 'New Jooky' to work. With me the hard part is cutting down the ideas to those that I can actually get finished without turning in 28 hour days, nineteen days a week, and that is the case again - there are so many cool things to be doing, that I need to keep it simple if I'm ever likely to do something I'm happy with. Blah blah blah. I know, I go on a bit. Tis boring already.

Anyway, lots of R&D to do, but of more interest is the one-that-has-been-sitting-patient-like-on-the-bench, the fabled twin buckered '72 Tele-a-like, The Funky One. Basically, it is waiting to be wired for the second time, as I probably said, due to the fact that my daughter took pliers and wire cutters to the insides and I haven't had a chance to look at it again since. The time though is right now - well, next week anyway - and I'm going to get it sorted out.

I haven't done many Teles before - this will be the second in fact - which is mainly down to there being a lot less second-hand parts available for some reason, but this is a bit of a beaut and I'm starting to itch about it all. The finish is absolutely beautiful if mad and colourfilled paisley is your thing, and there we are.

I've also promised to get my act together on the Growler pedal project, which has had far too many false starts and unavoidable delays already, but is all cool...

Anyway, meandering through fields of vague promises again, time to stop.

2 comments:

Fat Old Man said...

Great news - I've been hanging on to see what the Funky One would be like for some time. I'm hoping that I'll have funds in the bank by the time it's finished

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Hi FOM

Glad you like the look of The Funky One, I'm quite pleased with it and hopefully it will be ready to go next week..

Drop me an email if you like, I'm getting into this whole made to order bobbins, it saves on thinking time ;)

cheers