Friday 26 February 2010

More Fake Nostalgia - Coming Soonish

I mentioned a while back that I was planning on doing my best to make sure that we at any one time, have at least one of each of our things - Amy, Cheryl, Sophie and Leona - and with the school holibobs over, I figured I'd better get me finger out a wee bit and do something about it.

I also said, recently, that I'd got an idea for some 'classic' looking amps, effects etc. and well, basically, I figured I might as well use them as a way forward.

Where I'm going with this, is that I bought these tins a while back, with no real reason in mind, and so I'm going to turn them into either amps - Amy or Cheryl, or maybe a couple of each - and some into fuzz boxes.

There will still be only one of each design made, so I'm not selling out - man - and I won't sell all of them, as I quite fancy one or two around the house meself. But making them would be a step forward, lets face it.

Here's what I'm aiming for then:

1. The Beatles & The Stones:

I think Serge Pepper has to be an amp, and The Stones surely has to be a dirty little scrubber like our Sophie. That was easy to decide.
Free Mars bar if you buy these...
La la la




2. Pink Floyd and The Who:

Despite the fact that they are liars - I went to Yorkshire and looked all through the fone book for Townsend or Daltrey and I am positive that none of The Who, Live In Leeds - I've always had a sort of detached liking for them. Pink Floyd have grown on me over the years as well, and Dark Side of The Moon is still quality, apart from the shonky sound effects.

Not sure which will be the amp and which the fuzz here yet..though it is probably obvious in truth.


3. The Sex Pistols and The Clash:

Getting into things I really remember rather than have picked-up on later, I'm happy to say that 'Punk' infects this whole Jooky phenomena - ahem - with it's DIY principles, even if it never was like that really, but there we go. The Sixties was probably boring too outside of Woodstock.

Two Clash tins, for some reason, so overall I think two amps, and London Calling for our Sophie.



4. The Mini and The VW:

Last but not least, I really liked these Haynes manual tins, for some reason, maybe even because I grew up downwind of Longbridge and am quite keen on The Magic Bus.

Mini for a mini amp, and some Volkswagens can sound a bit fuzzy to me these days, so easie peasie.

So that is the wee plan. Haven't got a clue when I'll do them, and there will be some other, more Jookified, tins and cigar boxes on the horizon too, but there you go. Oh, I'll call these our Foney Nostalgic Collection...

No comments: