Saturday 20 February 2010

The Golden & The Green

I have to admit, at times I can be pretty indecisive. Very in fact. Not when it comes to important things, but when it really doesn't matter I can take forever to decide what I want to do.

Sometimes longer,
just depends really.

Anyway, my £100 challenge guitar, The Nouveau Riche One, I mentioned before that it was going to be gold suede covered with a '70s Di Marzio Dual Sound pickup,
but, well,
now it won't 

The suede looked nice, but not as striking as I'd like and the pickup I've sold on to a fella who is going to put it in a Jagstang. No big deal, and no real reason for the change other than it just didn't feel right. I couldn't even begin to think about mentioning that I wouldn't be able to tell you why that is was or may well have been.

So where does that leave me?
The colour now then, I think will still be given by some cloth and I've ordered some British racing green crushed velvet, which should look opulent by anybody's standards.

As to the pickup, well, I don't know. On one side I'm thinking P90 as I love the sound in the Paisley One, but then it is meant to drive a sustainer, so maybe a hot, high powered humbucker would make more sense, ignoring the fact that I've already bought and sold a rather brilliant one of those.

So what to do, who can say.

No comments: