Sunday 9 June 2013

WIP: The Hartlepool One - I'm Such A Skaterboi


Well, I finally got the chance to pull The Hartlepool One together and while there are a few tweaks before a proper introduction may be enacted, it seemed rude not to show you the beast.

And what a beast it is - semi acoustic and offset of shape - perhaps more of a Charvel than Fender influence I must admit, lovely big headed neck and a pair of Mojo Pickups authentically dead-on-the-money Gold Foil pickups, along with a matching wiring loom...

And I have to say it plays beautifully - I have a real feeling of it all coming together with this one, the body is cool, the Mother-of-Jooky pearlesque finish is a glory box of tender delight, and the pickups - oh man. They are single coils and have a beautiful, hollow clean sound to them with just a tincher of grit. A bit more gain and they totally soar and the sustain is incredibly good, I keep hitting harmonics and just sitting back and waiting (a cuppa is handy - making one not totally out of the question if you limit the amount of water in the kettle on environmental grounds.)

So there we are. I'm really rather chuffed with this and the pickups are beyond cool.

Happy daze indeed

La la laaaa






No comments: