Saturday 3 April 2010

Grand Unveiling

Well, tomorrow is the last day of the £100 Challenge, and I'm already thinking about how to best introduce my finished entrant, The Pretty In Pimp One, to the world. It doesn't seem barely a month ago that I was looking at the pile of bobbins on my right, *sniff*. They grope so fast these days.

But thinking about the point of this post, I have actually got a box of fireworks somewhere, so that is an option. and I do know that the local village hall is free after an unfortunate incident meant that they had to cancel the spring fair. Something about being unable to find a traditionally required virgin or other.

The other thing is, of course, that as I still haven't finished it, I'd better get me finger out. Obviously, the eBay muppet and non-seller of 10" singles hasn't delivered, but I have been lucky enough to fin a fella via Freecycle who will give me some old 78s. The only downside of this is that they are made of Shellac - which I guess is sort of like Bakelite, and might shatter. So that will be a voyage of discovery.

Other than that though, it should be do-able, and if the worst happens I can use my last attempt. It does still look pretty good to me anyway, and I guess I'm just looking for the extra 1-per-cent, blah blah & blah.

One good thing is that West Brom played and won last night, so I won't be pacing around wondering about that... Boing and boing, as they say.

Anyway, a chilled out tune for the day..another old fave from The Mekons and 'Ghosts of American Astronauts'

No comments: