Friday 16 April 2010

The Glistery Shadow of Psychedelic Surfing

Well, I haven't written too much recently, but the last day or so has almost been feverish,
by the standards of Jookyland.

First up, we've got the glitter covered one, which although a bit of a basket case, is growing on me.


It is the kind of thing that would make your average luthier practice pogo-ing on high, crumblyledges, and I won't know until I put it together how the neck will go,
as in whether it will be playable or not,
but I do actually like the look of it.

Especially the tiger stripe lacquer runs on the back of the neck.

This is to be known as The Glistery One from now on, assuming it works out.

Backing away from that particular teetering edge, I've set-off head-long into another bit of psychedelia, with a tribute to the Surf guitarists of yore. I'm going for a bit of a two tone cloth effect this time, which I hope will look appropriately way-out-there-man.


We shall see. It should end-up being known as The Psychedelic Surf One, though as you probably realise I will no doubt change my mind three dozen times before we finish.

It is always the way.




The fotos are The Glistery One, of course, though a bit of Black Francis and the boys is purely my kind of surfin'


No comments: