Monday 30 November 2009

Another Paisley Strat Digression



Well, as far as my Paisley project goes, I've organised most of the parts I need, and 'tightened up' the specification.

It seems my vague musings of a Strat with a Jazzmaster trem/bridge, isn't a runner as I suspected, and so after a lot of looking around at Mustangs and the like I've gone for the boring Strat trem. Basically this is down to the fact that it is already routed for one, and there we are.

As for the paisley cloth, I've found one I like (on eBay, believe it or not) and hopefully that side of things will work out. I'm planning on sticking it to the body with aerosol adhesive and then varnish/clear-coating over the top until it is pretty solid. I have read about some other stuff that is used for decoupage, which is better and all shiny glossy, but I’m not sure what it is and whether you can get it in the UK. Also, whether it would work on a guitar/material combo.

Other than that, the neck came with tuners, string trees and a nut, and so the trem/bridge and a neck plate were the only two things I really needed.

Oh, apart from the pickup, but I think I mentioned that I'd got a second hand P90 soapbar type one out of a PRS SE One. As to how it will sound in a (very) lightweight Strat body, time will tell I guess.

As far as the effects go, I have decided to put a Green Ringer type of circuit in for starters. This is an octaver originally built by Dan Armstrong, but I'll be using a PCB I got from Tonepad. I could probably wire one myself, but to be honest I'm not sure if I'll leave it in for long anyway. I will probably put one of our Sophie's Filthy Boots Fuzz Circuits in too if there is room.

And I think that is that for now. Once the post brings all the goodies I'll show you them. Oh, the foto is the cloth I’m going to be using (assuming it works.)


No comments: