Wednesday 1 December 2010

Introducing The Jangly One

Well, The Jangly One I told you I pretty much finished the other day, but I forgot to go back and upload some fotos...so let me introduce you to my latest babba.

As mentioned many times before, she is based on a Danelectro '59 Reissue, and has been upgraded in the pickup and tuner departments, to give her a bit more stability on the tuning and oomph where it counts.

As well as that, I've gone for a totally in-yer-face paisley finish, and topped this off with my very first bit of Lulu Copper Topping, with a 'hand crafted' (cut out) copper scratchplate that has been enameled to within an inch of it's life. (covered with glass powder and melted in an oven and with a blowtorch)

And god does she play? 
Does she? 
Does she?

Yep. she is stunning, in a Danelectro kind of way and the fotos really (truly and madly, but rarely deeply) do any kind of justice to either the finish, or the scratchplate, which has a couple of kinds of glitter in there too, just to really catch the light.

Anyway, I've talked lots about this before, so here are the fotos...nuff said.

I'm really looking forward to getting on to my full copper topped Tele now, mind...




3 comments:

Fat Old Man said...

It looks lovely. I've never played a Dano - stop tempting me - xmas is coming and I'm extra broke - the dvd/video recorder has blown and I need to buy another. But it does look nice... and I haven't played a dano...

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Cheers FoM, though I'm beginning to worry that your better half is going to hire a hitman and point him in this direction...

Did your parcel arrive yet? Hopefully today - snowdrifts and post office willing :)

Fat Old Man said...

nothing yet - we're pretty snowed in - so not sure if it'll arrive today. Is there a tracking number?