Friday 20 August 2010

More Meandering Like A Bee

I know the last few days have been about pedals, which is all cool, but I have also been thinking a bit about what I want to do on the guitar side of things.

First things first, I need to finish off the unfinished business. The Funky One, Glistery One and that there double-neck are all staring at me like puppies (which makes a change) and so once the school holibobs are out of the way, they will need to be put-to-bed.

I'm thinking that I will keep one of the three - Mellow, Spangled or Funky - but can't decide which as they are all cool as far as I'm concerned. The other two, we'll see what happens there...but as far as the 'Ones' go, that will be that.

The end of the series, and there we are.

As for future guitars, it depends really on my abilities. In the longer term I'm thinking that I would like to make my own bodies, if not necks, and then look at the finishes there. Hand painted ones are an option, but if I can find some decent wood I quite fancy having a go at some stain and wax or oil finishes. I won't rule out paper or cloth, but it isn't toppermost in my mind right now.

As for the shapes, well, I've got a couple of ideas for that as you might expect. As a starting point though, I would like to not go the traditional route and reproduce Fender and Gibson's finest, or tweak variations of those. They are the most saleable options of course, but as with the 'Ones' I think if people get the design, they will go anyway, and as ever I'm only doing it for myself....

I have always fancied something Vox Teardrop-like, mind you, so we will see, but it won't be clones.

One of the other things I'd like to try again is to incorporate some electronic bobbins in them. The fuzz that went into The Paisley One, I always liked, but it would be nice to go a bit further than that, certainly if I can play with sustainers and the like they could get interesting.
Heh ho

The lung and whining rooooad

No comments: