Tuesday 3 August 2010

A brief introduction to our newest babba

Well, soldering the Funky One (and the Glistery One, and probably another one somewhere too) was out of the window due to aforementioned bratski-sitting-duties, so I thought I'd get on with playing with the new Strat I keep subtly introducing to the conversation without getting any kind of definite about,
well, most things.

The Spangled One
Anyway, the sustainer, octaver and fuzz will have to come later as - obviously - they need to be soldered too, and as my brain has to work, a bit of quiet comes in handy too.

But anyway, I haven't had a chance to either solder or think and so instead I've gone for a finish rather than a leccy uniqueness for the latest baby on the slab, and although it is not quite finitoed, I'd like to introduce you to the latest in a growing line of Leona's Groovy Guitars - "The Spangled One. "

*cough*

Featuring a lovely alder body, maple neck, rosewood board, Strat shape and for the first time ever three single coil pickups - from a Mexican Fender Strat, I should point out, and all the better for it - it is quite lovely to play.

Oddly there is a knot mark on the fret board, which looks wicked. Don't know why I mention that, apart from because I just happen to like it, I guess.

Flaunt the imperfection, as we used to say in the Eighties.

Oh, but the finish. How can I forget that?

Well, it is a lovely sucked Raspberry Paisley, beautifully ruffles up around the edges and boasts (!) a nice simple design that works really well geometrically-like.

But, and here's a thing,  the front has been given an extra wee treatment that has made it all spangly and a bit glittery.

(Wee as in small, not hot and yellowy liquid, figured I should explain that.)

Anyway, it isn't something that you'll notice most of the time, but get on stage with a few lights and it will look tree-mendously cool, it has to be said. Better still, don't practise in the dark or even aim a spotlight at the guitar as you play it. I know I always do.

So anyway, JGE #15 'The Spangled One' - more about that to follow, I'm sure, but it is a-lovely-and-a-jubbly. Sounds pretty nice too, in a Stratty kind of way.

This is it nearly finished..she's a babe ain't 'er?

No comments: